Monday, March 5, 2012

Shalom Aleichem!

Well, believe it or not my time in Jerusalem has come to a close. I needed to leave the program a little early to be with my family. Don't worry, nothing terrible has happened. It was what I needed to do :)

My experience here has been a remarkable one. I am so grateful for the new family I have made with the students and the teachers and their families. They are the best contribution that the trip had in store for me, second only to the stronger relationship I now have with my Heavenly Father.

If there is one thing that I have learned, it is that someone does not need to see where the Savior walked or traveled to know that He performed everything that the scriptures say. You do not need to be at the Pool of Siloam to know that He healed the blind. You do not need to go to Bethlehem to know that angels heralded His miraculous birth. You do not need to walk into the empty Garden Tomb to know that He is not there, for He is risen. Most of all, you do not need to walk among the olive trees in the Garden of Gethsemane to know that He paid the infinite and ultimate price for a world full of sinners.

I love Him. I worship the Father who sent Jesus Christ to this earth, and I know that They both love us with a perfect unity. I am grateful that being in Jerusalem pulled me into the scriptures, and made the sacred words all the more real and easy to understand.


Now, as head back to Provo soon, I am excited for what the future has in store. Life is ever changing and ever challenging, but I know the Lord directs our paths and when we don't rely on our own understanding and acknowledge Him in all of our ways there is additional light and strength waiting for us.

Shalom aleichem! (Peace be unto you!)

Sterling

P.S. - I will continue to post more pictures of the trip here, and videos too!


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Sterling! Someday I want to see all those things you saw!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete